Spotto's Touhoumon Runs

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Spotto's Pokemon Mod Runs

Renko has the best hat ever.
THE BEST HAT EVER.

Hello! I've done a few Touhoumon runs before. One was the FireRed Aqua+Yui version, and the other was Emerald which I never completed due to a hard drive crash. I'm also planning to play Touhoumon Blue after this. I discovered something called Nuzlocke, and in particular one applied to the Aqua+Yui version on this site. I wanted to do the same after looking at that neat comic series, so this run is currently also a Nuzlocke. (With some rules I changed to fit my preferences)

These rules are:
  • If the Touhoumon faints, it's dead and should be box'd.
    (The original rules say release, but I still want to look at their stats and such sometimes, so...)
  • Only the first Touhoumon encountered in each area may be caught. There cannot be repeat Touhoumon.
    (I changed this so that I can have repeats if my first one is dead. And if I see a repeat I can't catch any on the route anymore, though I found this rule rather restricting since there are Chens and Mystias everywhere, so later on in the run I start dropping this part of the rule) Rule Change: No repeats, if the first Touhoumon encountered faints, you may not catch that puppet but can catch a different one afterwards. If that one faints as well, no catches in the area allowed
  • If game progress cannot continue without an HM and there is a lack of Touhoumon that can learn the HM, the rules can be temporarily ignored.
The run uses Touhoumon Aquamentis, which is the latest English version of any Touhoumon I believe. It is based on FireRed and is the updated Aqua+Yui. If you simply scroll down after this you'll end up reading it backwards so here's each post in order:

Complete! See new run below.

The Nuzlocke Challenge 1: CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNN
The Nuzlocke Challenge 2: In which there was LESS DYING
The Nuzlocke Challenge 3: The Great Massacre Tunnel
The Nuzlocke Challenge 4: Now with crappy DIALOGUE!
The Nuzlocke Challenge 5: CRITICAL HIT CRITICAL HIT CRITICAL HIT
The Nuzlocke Challenge 6: Cranium the Endurer
The Nuzlocke Challenge 7: Marisa Stole the Precious Thing
The Nuzlocke Challenge 8: I TAKE IT BACK!
The Nuzlocke Challenge 9: Victory Without Sacrifice? How Absurd
The Nuzlocke Challenge 10: The Unnecessarily Sentimental End

I have started a new run of Touhoumon 1.8 Emerald or whatever it is called. This time the run will be randomized (the encounters are all completely and utterly random), otherwise same rules as before besides the story requiring me to start with a CMokou. (So I was able to choose my starter P: ) As always, the parts!

Randomlocke Challenge 2: Flying Touhoumon, My Nemesis
Randomlocke Challenge 3: As we work towards one solution through a spirit evolutiooon~!
Randomlocke Challenge 4: HUURGHRGHRGRUHUHHG
Randomlocke Challenge 5: Darker and Edgier
Randomlocke Challenge 6: The Worst Twist of the Century

A separate Let's Play of Ponymon Dawn has also begun and will be listed here as well. NOT A NUZLOCKE, but instead a blind run.

Ponymon Dawn 1: Since this is called (mystupidnamehere)MON and not exclusively Touhoumon...
...I found out Ponymon is incomplete, so while I uploaded all of my videos of what was available so far, it's not going to be posted here until the game is indeed complete and I can run through it at once. So hiatus for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment