Spotto's Touhoumon Runs

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Nuzlocke Challenge 1: CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNN


Touhoumon Aquamentis Nuzlocke Run...

...BEGINS!

I chose Renko this time. Now that I know more about Touhou (rather than the first time where I barely knew anything) I actually like Renko...better than Maribel at least!



...and my creativity shines! She really does have a cool hat though. The coolest hat of Touhou. srs.


And in this version you're technically meant to choose Maribel so it sets the rival as Renko, but it doesn't change it to Maribel if you choose Renko. So my rival is Renko! YAY! To differentiate, I decided to clearly show which Renko is better.


Every other time I've played Touhoumon I always chose Sakuya or Marisa. Well now that I know I like Reimu better than those two I went with her. (I wish there was a Sanae, lololol)


And now for the most classic of battles.


Er, she had a Marisa. I also had no ideas and gave Reimu the name Hunter. 


Modest eh? I suppose that kind of fits. WELL! LET THE YOUKAI HUNTING ADVENTURE BEGIN, REIMU!


The very first route (after I did that boring errand, you know deliver the parcel blahblahblah) I encountered a Chen first. This is not bad. Better than getting a Mystia first since I already have a flying in Reimu, and Chen is a decent ground type. (I already know Lt. Surge is a bitch to fight so getting a ground-type now is good!)


NO I COULD'VE HAD A NAZRIN!
I don't care if she's just a Rattata. SHE'S A NAZRIN! D:
I also named Chen 3face. There sadly was no : symbol in the naming process.


Ah yes, the old man. The old man who shows you how to catch a Cirno...that isn't even native to this area, when you've already caught Pokemon. Silly really.


I found a Sunnymilk first in Viridian Forest. I also encountered another Chen in the grass above Viridian so I couldn't catch anything different there. Her name is deprived from that one Innocent Key PV, since she had a high-pitched voice. (I don't really care about her character beyond that...)


I HATE POISON..especially this deep into Viridian Forest...luckily the game gives you an antidote right before you face the trainer with the poison Yamame...


Lucky! P:


SHIT. Bubble can't be THAT strong! Chen why you so frail ;_; (yes I realize it was super-effective but still.... >_>)
R.I.P. 3face.


I then proceeded to run into far superior Touhoumon within the forest I can never catch because of Sunny Milk. :<


Wriggle, the fond memories of your heroism in Touhoumon Emerald...


A Nitori would've been SO helpful against Brock...you can find her pretty much anywhere anyway but still...I then encountered a third Chen in the grass outside of Viridian Forest and caught it. I named him (it was a male lol) 3face II due to my awesome creativity.


Then realized WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN. RAAAAAN D:


...and was too distracted to notice that I lost the second Chen. OOPS. R.I.P 3face II...I only had him for like...two minutes. D: I'M SORRY


I then obtained a Hatate in Pewter City. I remember her being pretty effective against Brock in a Nuzlocke challenge I read (that led me to doing this, actually) so I grinded her and Hunter up pretty decently. I beat the trainer before Brock without incident.


I...really don't know. I was HOPING I grinded enough especially since I knew HighPitch was useless here. D:


NO SO CLOSE STUPID TENSHI DIE IN A FIRE


Two fucking HP. !!!!!


Oh good god. Also HighPitch died in a sacrifice while healing up Hunter. R.I.P. HighPitch, you were a great meatshield.


WAS IT WORTH IT!? I guess I should've evolved her BEFORE the gym...lol.


Hunter is now normal Reimu! Hooray!


I then traversed through the route next to Pewter (while attempting to dodge as many trainers as possible at least until I obtained a second Pokemon for some insurance @_@. One had a mofo Medicine and poisoned Hunter again...I had to use ALL of my potions to keep her alive as I rushed to the Pokemon Centre. @_@ Note to self: Buy antidotes) To my luck I found an Aya first before a Chen (since they're so bloody common) EVEN THOUGH I DO NOT NEED TWO NORMAL/FLYING TYPES...I needed more Pokemons.

Also I named her Hatate in honour of my fallen Hatate. I bet the real Aya is pissed.

So...uh, a bit of a rough start! Hehehe. I'm usually not careful in Pokemon games so! Let us honour the fallen who mostly had senseless deaths due to Spotto's--COOLHAT'S idiocy.
THE ALL FULFILLED A PURPOSE..okay except 3face II. I'M SO SORRY Q^Q
That is all for today. I think Mt. Moon will be a bit long as well as Cerulean so I'll stop for now. Man, my hate for grinding is going to KILL all my Touhoumon...

No comments:

Post a Comment